I couldn’t leave the office today for the gym (well..I could but then I would only have 15 minutes before having to turn right back around) So, duty calls and this was my workout today behind closed doors. I feel like a ninja – no one knows what I’m doing back here…
Do this as a circuit. 20 reps each exercise then repeat 4 times through:
- Squat jumps or deep squats for speed – [jumping during pregnancy]
- Lunge with high knee (20R on left, then switch legs)
- Single-leg bench squat (using office chair; 20R on left, then switch legs)
- Bench bridge/hip lift
- Calf jumps (I converted this to calf raises and increased the reps because l was light headed going from laying down for bridge then straight to jumps)
Do whatcha gotta do – and get ‘er done!
In a Bodybuilding.com interview, Jamie Eason tells you how to get a great workout even on those days you can’t get out to the gym. All you need is a deck of cards!
How It Works:
Joker = 1 rep or 11 reps depending on your ambition level
- Flip over 3 cards. The sum of the cards = the number of reps you will do of the 1st exercise.
- Flip over 3 more cards. Sum = the number of reps of 2nd exercise.
- Continue till you complete all the exercises, then start over until you finish the deck of cards
- Once you finish the deck of cards, you can go again. Jamie said she will do this a few times a day OR do 3 decks in a row.
Bicycles or Crunches
Watch Jamie Eason do this exercise