Motivation is over-rated. I talk to people all the time who have the desire, but cannot muster enough will power to get started OR stay consistent. Discipline is a very difficult thing! I know…I totally understand…there are days, weeks, months, where I have struggled with fitness and diet consistency. Discipline is never easy, but it does get easier. Here are some tips to success in weight-loss, fitness improvement, and the road to fitness elite.
5 Tips for Fitness Success
- Establish your true goal. Determine a realistic goal that is definable (“look good” and “be fit” are not definable. “__ inch biceps” and “size __ dress” is definable.)
- Game plan. Create a game plan (diet/workouts) based on that goal – INCLUDING A SCHEDULE
- Plan to celebrate a milestone. Mark your calendar that you will do this plan for 21 days. On that last day, treat yourself (buy a new workout bag or gloves, get a pedi, relax at your fav coffee shop and enjoy a pastry…whatever! Then plan your next 21 days – maybe tweak your diet/workouts)
- Don’t swallow the whole pie. Take it one day and one meal at a time
- Don’t do it alone. DAILY enlist the motivation power of pictures of your fitness heroes, eat clean recipe web-browsing, fitness forums/twitter/facebook/blogging – Community can mean all the difference in you reaching your goal!
Whatever your goal is, don’t EVER let yourself or anyone else tell you that it is too difficult or unattainable. Anything worth having is hard work getting! There are thousands of people just like you, in the same walk of life, with the same goals…you are not alone. Some of those thousands will actually see their goal become reality. Be one of that “some”!