I am switching things up a bit. Hitting more muscle groups each session. I am having off and on “morning sickness” so this ensures I still hit everything regardless if I go to the gym 3 times this week or 6. What happened last week was a lot of muscles got left behind. I need to find some tricks to combat nausea! Not sure if this is typical, but when I get nauseous every food sounds gross and makes it worse to even think about it. As my grandma would say, “suck it up snap fairy!” just get over it 😛
The Upper Body Workout
Workout from: Fitness RX Feb 2012 issue; Pg 54; Jamie Eason’s 30-Day Knockout
- Seated DB shoulder press (shoulders/tris) 3 x 10 ;15lbs
- Super set: Skull crushers + narrow grip bench press (tris/chest) 3 x 10 ;35lb EZ bar
- DB lateral raise (shoulders) 3 x 10 ;10lbs
- Cable chest flys 3 x 10 ;40lbs
- Rear delt cable flys (shoulders/back) 3 x 10 ;15lbs
- Wide grip lat pulldown (back/biceps) 3 x 10 ;70lbs
- Reverse grip pulldown (back/biceps) 3 x 10 ;55lbs
- Super set: Alternating DB curl (biceps) 3 x 10 ;15lbs with
- Bench reverse crunches 3 x 25
Today I executed this workout, but had to keep taking breaks – not used to that. My cousin (college student and fitness buff) worked out with me and we both left feeling like we got our workout in – awesome. She killed it – she was able to keep her pace a little higher than mine.
We completed this workout in 45 minutes. How bout them apples.