A Good Friend is Like A 100-Ways Bra…very supportive for many situations…
I want to make sure I always ask myself “who am I thankful for right now, this very moment?” and have I told them? 🙂
What does “support” look like to me and am I also doing this for my friends?
Friends I am thankful for right now:
- My daredevil sister, Leah, who is never jealous of me, but lives alongside me inspiring me to stay disciplined. In my opinion she has no room to be jealous because she is smoking hot, a daredevil on the sports, and the most lovable personality on the planet (so maybe I shouldn’t give her credit for never being jealous of me 🙂 )
- My brother, Robert/Berteezy/Tito/Hamstray, who always asks me about my day or how was the gym. He also asks me “can you do that” when he sees me go for a cheat food. Booger.
- My girlfriend, Val, whom I meet for Bible study every Tuesday night – I just called her to see if we could move it an hour earlier (eek!) – she was so supportive! Thank God for great friends who will bend their lives to see you live yours, yeah?! She inspires me to live for Christ, not as a separated event, but as a lifestyle.
- Esther, my childhood friend, who recently prodded me on in my endeavor and gave me words of inspiration just as I was beginning my in-season prep
- Em, my “life-er” friend who has been in Germany for a year, came to Dallas and made time for just me – A good friend is willing to be “inconvenienced” and I have always felt that Emilee has done this for me if I ever would but call on her. She too inspires me to live for Christ, not as a separated event, but as a lifestyle.
- Bikini or Bust 2011 girls, they ALWAYS take the time to encourage each other, send inspiration and comfort if we ever need it during this crazy thing we actually call “life”. Susan (blog), Lisa, Liz, Nicole, Kathy, Deb, Jessica, Cheyenne, Chantelle, Julia, Tracey, Michelle, Donloree (creator of BoB)- I could not do this without you!
- My in laws, I know they don’t really understand this lifestyle or this craze for muscle, but they are the sweetest cheerleaders I could ask for. And totally willing to not make a cheesecake when they know I can’t eat it anyway.
- My cousins/aunt/uncle across the street, they always ask me how it’s going and are the most genuine people you will ever meet
- My stellar parents, who though they do not like the idea of me being on stage in a bikini (at ALL), are very proud of my displayed discipline and tenacity. They ask from time to time how my training is going and that means the world to me
- My husband, Luke, he is so hot which I find very inspirational :P. His crazy work ethic inspires me to go strong at the gym and he is always great about complimenting me or telling me how proud he is of my tenacity and pursuit of ambitions (sometimes I wonder, “are you talking about ME?!”) It’s nice to have someone who YOU put on a pedestal, seem to put you on a pedestal too
- My daily dose: Luke, Donloree, Michelle. I am addicted to these 3. I can always count on them to lift my spirits, prod me on, light my fire and make me laugh at this life. (and yes, I listed these guys twice)
Thank you friends. I am so thankful for you!