Once Upon a Time, on a woman far, far, away….
The other day I was sipping coffee with my pal Muffin-top, when I looked down to notice the sad look of our dear friends Cellulite Right and her twin, Cellulite Left. They were there when I celebrated many birthdays and enjoyed the most scrumptious of pastries. They were there for my 27th birthday. They have seen me through hard times. I have been noticing that they are more distant lately. Peering out to me only when I am looking for them. They don’t obnoxiously call out when I make quick glances in the mirror anymore. This friendship seems to be diminishing. Many a time have I grabbed them with both hands as a reminder to stick to my diet. Wow, they are such a support for me. What will I do for that motivational prodding once they are gone? I must say, they are not very good friends though…a good friend would not drag me down. It will be good for me when they are gone. They know that I want to get rid of them (shhh, I’m replacing them with new pals Six-pack and Tight-legs). I don’t talk about Muffy and the Cellu twins, I actually try not to even think about them at all. I just live my life – I am hitting the gym a lot. And they just KNOW I am ignoring them. I think that’s why they are clinging to the friendship for dear life. I met a counselor, her name is Cardio. She is a pro at getting out of bad relationships. I think I will be seeing her 6 times a week. I’m taking it seriously now. These relationships are unhealthy.
6 Reasons cellulite and muffin tops are great:
- If I did not have dimples on my legs, or chubby on my tummy, I would not be able to stick to my diet in these initial days as I adjust my lifestyle.
- It causes me to give more than 120% at the gym.
- It makes my “after” pictures look amazing.
- If I fall off the treadmill it will make for a softer landing
- When people see me working out really hard day in and day out, they will know that I have dedication. I’m not some New Year’s Resolution wimp
- When it’s gone, I’ll be able to say, “I’ve been there – it can be done!”
If ever I want to slack at the gym or treat myself when I don’t deserve it, I can just add “because I think cellulite is sexy”.
- I had a stressful day so I deserve this bowl of Ben and Jerry’s..”because cellulite is super sexy”.
- I’ll just taste the macaroni and cheese because a little won’t hurt and “cellulite is super sexy”.
- This is a special occasion so I will allow myself this treat because I think “cellulite is super sexy”.
Give it a try. It adds humor to a [potentially] stressful situation, and keeps you from taking yourself too seriously.
Excerpt from peertrainer.com