2 of these babies is about the equivalent to a protein bar. I ate 2 about 30 minutes before a long run and it was awesome.
1/2C vanilla protein powder
2t baking powder
15 oz can of pumkin
1/2C veg. oil
nonstick cooking spray
1/2C powdered sugar
1/2t vanilla extract
3-4T fat-free milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. LIghtly coat a 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Combine flour, protein powder, sugar, baking powder, salt, and spices in a medium bowl. In a separate large bowl, whisk together pumpkin, eggs and oil.
3. Add dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture and stir until thoroughly combined.
4. Divide batter into muffin cups and bake 15-20 minutes, then remove muffins and arrange on a wire rack to cool. Serve with protein frosting or fat-free cream cheese.
5. For frosting, mix protein powder and powdered sugar. Add vanilla and 3 tablespoons of milk; beat until smooth. Add milk until smooth. Spread evenly on muffins.
(one muffin with frosting)
223 calories, 12g protein, 19g carbs, 11g fat, 1g fiber, 18g sugar, 125mg sodium
These are obviously high fat and sugar with this original receipe, so not a good idea to make this a regular item in your diet, but its a nice change of pace and 2 will keep me full for 2-3 hours.